Monday, June 24, 2019

Daisy Friends

#stampinup   #simplestamping   #faithfulinkspirations   #ManicMonday   Today I'm going to show you two versions of one card. The first card fits my Manic Monday theme--cards you can make in a hurry. It also fits Stampin' Up's theme of "simple stamping"--just stamps, ink, and paper. I really like the clean and simple design of this card.

I started by stamping the big leaves from the "Daisy Lane" stamp set in Pretty Peacock Ink onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White Card Stock panel. The middle leaf is the second generation of the first--meaning that I stamped it after stamping the first leaf, but without reinking. I added a Rococo Rose Daisy to the Corner.  I adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Crumb Cake Card Stock panel and then onto a Pretty Peacock Card Stock card base.

I cut a 1" strip of Whisper White Card Stock and stamped the sentiment from "Daisy Lane" in Pretty Peacock Ink onto it. I snipped the end with my Paper Snips. And that's it! #simplestamping

But I couldn't stop there! I want to step up the design into the "avid stamper" category. Take a look!

This card has the same basic design, but with some additional elements. I stamped the larger daisy from the "Daisy Lane" set four times in Rococo Rose onto Whisper White Card Stock. I punched these out with the Daisy Punch. I used a Bone Folder to curl the petals and I attached the layers with a single Glue Dot.

Next, I scrunched up the Crumb Cake layer several times until it was good and distressed. I also roughed up the edges a bit with my Paper Snips. I adhered this directly to a Pretty Peacock Card Stock card base, at an angle. I wrapped a length of the linen ribbon from the Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack around the stamped Whisper White panel before adhering it on top of the distressed Crumb Cake mat.

I adhered the daisies to the card with a couple of Stampin' Dimensionals and plopped a Perennial Essence Floral Center onto each.

I cut a piece of Crumb Cake Card Stock with one of the Stitched Nestled Labels Dies. I stamped the sentiment from "Daisy Lane" in Pretty Peacock Ink onto Whisper White and cut it out with the same Stitched Nestled Label Die. I trimmed this with my Paper Snips so it would fit on the Crumb Cake Piece. I adhered the sentiment to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

So there's you're Manic Monday card--along with a stepped up card for when you aren't in a hurry and can pull out all the stops!













Product List
Daisy Punch
[143713]
$18.00
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment