Monday, June 10, 2019

Sweet Thing

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #manicmonday   Hey there! Today is the first day of my new daily blog themes. Mondays will be "Manic Monday"--I will feature quick and easy cards that you can make in a hurry. We've all been there: we need a card for a co-worker's birthday, or a thank you card, or even a sympathy card. Manic Mondays will show you cards you can make in no time! Let's look at today's card.

I like this card because it's a little bit of stamping, a little bit of punching, and a little bit of coloring. I started with a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Daffodil Delight Card Stock mat. On top, I adhered a 3-3/4" by 5" Pool Party Card Stock panel that I embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder. You could skip the embossing step if you're in a real hurry and your card would be just as cute. I then adhered a 2" by 5" strip of striped Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper. I wrapped a length of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle around these pieces before adhering them to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base. Again, you could skip the ribbon, if you really want to fly through the card!

Next, I stamped the cake and stand from the "Piece of Cake" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. I colored the cake with Light Calypso Coral and Light Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends. I colored the stand with Light and Dark Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends. Then I punched the pieces out with the Cake Builder Punch and adhered the pieces to the card with a combination of  regular and Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finally, I stamped a sentiment from the same stamp set in Calypso Coral Ink onto Whisper White and punched it out with the Classic Label Punch. I adhered this to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

Tomorrow is Protip Tuesday, so come on back and see what I've got in store!











Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment