Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Perfectly Penguin

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations  #ProtipTuesday   Today's card is super-duper cute! And I have a confession to make: it's a "Frankenstein card." I got several swap cards using the "Playful Penguin" stamp set, but I wanted a more, er, fussy card, so I took the cards apart and put them back together in a way that satisfied my fancy self. Here's the card and then I'll tell you a little bit about how it's made.
Stinkin' cute, right? The card basics are pretty easy: Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base cut lengthwise, a Merry Merlot Card Stock mat, topped with a Pool Party Card Stock panel that's been embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder. I tied a length of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon around the mat and panel before adhering them to the card base.

Next, I cut a square of Merry Merlot Card Stock with a square Stitched Shapes Die. (PROTIP: You could actually cut it from the center of the Merry Merlot mat.) I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I topped that with a 2" square of striped Let It Snow Specialty Designer Series Paper. On top of that, I adhered a thin strip of Silver Glimmer Paper, popping half a Mini Stampin' Dimensional behind the right side to keep it level with the left side.

I cut the sentiment piece--stamped with Merry Merlot Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock--into a 1" by 3" strip and adhered that to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The penguin is stamped in Stazon Jet Black Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. (PROTIP: If you work quickly, you can sprinkle on the Clear Embossing Powder before the ink dries and emboss any color!) His scarf is stamped in Pool Party Ink and also embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. And his hat is stamped in Merry Merlot Ink and embossed in the same way. That shine really gives him some character! Each piece is fussy cut. I adhered the penguin to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and his hat and scarf are adhered with Snail Adhesive.

For a finishing touch, I added three Coastal Cabana Glitter Enamel Dots to the card for some extra sparkle. Isn't he just the cutest?! This card can be sent for Christmas or just a winter pick-me-up. Love that!













Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment