Friday, December 13, 2019

Jolly Season

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I love the Brightly Gleaming Suite in on pages 30 through 32 of the holiday catalog. The colors are gorgeous together: Pretty Peacock, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, and Very Vanilla with Copper Foil Accents. We made this fun card at the Proverbial Stamper & Friends holiday catalog gathering. I loved it so much that I used it as one of the cards we made at my Christmas card stamp-a-stack sessions. It looks hard, but it's easy-peasy to make!
Start with a Night of Navy Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise. Score it a 5-1/2" inches, as usual, but then cut off one side so that you end up with a 2" flap. Cut a 4-1/4" by 2" piece from the remaining piece--that will be the bottom of your card front. I adhered a 1-3/4" by 4" strip of Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper to the top flap of the card and onto what will be the bottom piece.

Next, I stamped a sentiment from the "Christmas Gleaming" stamp set in Pretty Peacock Ink onto the corner of a 2-3/4" by 3-1/2" Very Vanilla Card Stock panel. I adhered this to a 3" by 3-3/4" Pretty Peacock Card Stock mat. I aligned the loose piece at the bottom of the card and adhered the stamped panel to the top and bottom of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals, making a "bridge."

I stamped the larger ornament from the "Christmas Gleaming" set in Pretty Peacock Ink and the smaller ornament in Night of Navy Ink onto Very Vanilla Cardstock. I punched these out with the matching Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack and adhered them to the panel with Stampin' Dimensionals. I punched two Copper Foil leaves with the Leaf Punch and tucked them behind the ornaments, adhering them with a little bit of Snail Adhesive.

To finish the card, I added a 4" by 5-1/4" Very Vanilla panel inside the card, which you can see peeking out the sides, behind the sentiment "bridge."

You can get the "Christmas Gleaming" stamp set and the Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack in a bundle, saving 10% off the price of purchasing them separately. Better yet, you can get everything in the Brightly Gleaming Suite with one item number (153467), and still get your 10% discount on the bundle!

Have a great weekend! I'll see you again on Monday for my final week of Christmas designs!









 
Product List
Leaf Punch
[144667]
$16.00

No comments:

Post a Comment