Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Blue Moves

#faithfulinkspirations   One of my favorite Elton John albums is "Blue Moves." It came out when I was in college and I remember going to Sam Goody in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, and getting it the day it was released. I climbed into my top bunk, put on my headphones, and listened to the most divine album I'd heard in forever. I recently listened to it all over again because I've just finished Elton's biography, Me, and that album--and all the others--was mentioned in the book. P.S. I loved the book!! Elton had me laughing out loud a lot--and I don't laugh out loud often.

So today's card is a beautiful Night of Navy (blue) card with copper accents. It's simply gorgeous. Take a look and see if you don't agree with me!

I cut a 2" by 3-3/4" strip of the wonderful Brightly Gleaming Designer Series Paper and adhered it to a 3-3/4" by 5" Night of Navy Card Stock panel. I tied some Denim Ribbon around this and then adhered the panel to a Night of Navy Card Stock card base using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next, I cut a rectangle from a Copper Foil Sheet with one of the Stitched Rectangles Dies and adhered this to the card. I used the Gleaming Ornaments Punches to punch two ornament shapes from the Brightly Gleaming DSP and adhered them to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

Finally, I stamped the "Merry Christmas" sentiment from the "Christmas Gleaming" stamp set in Night of Navy Ink onto a Whisper White scrap. I fussy cut the sentiment piece and adhered it to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

Stampin' Up just announced that this stamp set and punch pack bundle will be retiring soon, so if you want to make this gorgeous card--or others with these products--get yours before they're gone!













Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment