Monday, December 9, 2019

Pretty Little Boxes

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   My office started a holiday tradition a couple of years ago--we hang little stocking outside our offices and every so often, we'll get a little treat in it. Well, being a paper crafter, I can't just drop a treat in the stockings--I have to wrap my treats in pretty designer series papers and embellishments. And, I can use up some of that DSP that I horde until the holiday passes by. So, my first treat are Tic Tac boxes. I think they turned out so cute--don't you?

These boxes are so easy to make. I started with a 4-1/2" by 6" piece of Wrapped in Plaid DSP. On the short end, score at 3/4" and 3-3/4". Turn a quarter turn and score the long end at 1″, 1-3/4″, 3-1/2″, and 4-1/4″. Fold all the score lines.

Next, you're going to cut away the top part of the scores, make the tabs for the box, and round the ends of the box lid, like this.

Put some adhesive on the little tabs and fold up to make the bottom of the box, like this.

Put some adhesive on the larger flaps (at the bottom of this picture), and then you have your box formed, like this.


To finish the box, I tied on a 10" length of Gold Metallic Edged Ribbon. I strung a couple of Jingle Bells onto some Linen Thread and tied that around the knot of the ribbon. I stamped a sentiment from the "Memories of Home" stamp set in Shaded Spruce Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and punched it out with the smaller of the Gleaming Ornaments Punches. I adhered this to the box with a Mini Glue Dot. Simple!


These were so fun to make. I made ten of them in about an hour. They'd make cute stocking stuffers for your family. You can order the supplies by clicking on the thumbnails below and you'll go straight to my online store.













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment