Monday, November 17, 2014

Happy Birthday, Grandma!!

My mother-in-law's birthday is later this week. I asked my husband if he'd like me to make a card for her.  He said, "Yes, but please make sure it's a $90 card." What? You ask.

Well, during the #2014InspireCreateShare Stampin' Up convention, one of my absolutely favorite stampers, Lydia Fiedler, gave a presentation in which her premise was "You know you tell your husband that the reason you stamp is because it is so much more economical to make your own cards than to buy them at the store." ;-) Lydia showed three cards at $30, $50, and $90 price points. So, DH wanted the best for his mom!

I was following the Stamp Review Crew's blog hop today where they're featuring the "Amazing Birthday" stamp set. Wendy Wexler made a fabulous card that I had to CASE for Grandma. You should start at Wendy's blog and follow the hop all the way around for some more ways to use this great set!!

Here's my take, a little simpler than Wendy's card.

(Stamp Set: Amazing Birthday; Inks: Early Espresso, Crisp Cantaloupe, Crumb Cake; Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White; DSP: 2013-15 In Color DSP Pack; Accessories: Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, 1" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Small Oval Punch)
For the record, if you were starting from scratch--meaning if you didn't have even one Stampin' Up item--this card costs $188 to make (before tax and shipping/handling)! Hey! That's a workshop with some FREE stuff!!













No comments:

Post a Comment