Monday, May 18, 2015

Happy Retirement!

#stampinup  One of my dearest friends and mentors is retiring at the end of the month. She's much too young to retire, but she is looking forward to many adventures ahead of her. While I don't at all begrudge her this milestone, I am going to miss her terribly at work. She's given me such great advice about work matters, family matters, life matters. I hate that she's not going to be in the same building anymore. I know we'll keep in touch by all the means friends keep in touch--email, Facebook, texts--but it's just not the same. So while it's Ann's "happy retirement," I have mixed feelings.

Of course I made a card for her. My card is a CASE of a card made by Carmen on the Stamping Addiction blog. I switched it up a bit, but the design is all Carmen's!

I started with a Soft Suede card base, cut length wise. I added a Pink Pirouette mat and punched the opposite corners with the Project Life Corner Punch. I embossed a Very Vanilla panel with one of the Fun Frames. I stamped the sentiment from the "Teeny Tiny Wishes" set in Soft Suede, aligning it with my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig. I wrapped a length of Pink Pirouette Seam Binding Ribbon around the Very Vanilla piece and then attached it to the card.

Next, I stamped one of the flowers from the "Petal Potpourri" set in Soft Suede onto a Very Vanilla scrap. I also stamped two coordinating flowers from the "Petite Petals" set in Soft Suede onto Very Vanilla. I used my Blender Pen to pick up some Pink Pirouette and Soft Suede ink from the lids of the stamp pads to color the flowers. Finally, I punched all three flowers with their corresponding punches, curled the edges with my bone folder, and attached them with Stampin' Dimensionals.



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment