Thursday, February 21, 2019

Simple Sympathy

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Today I have a lovely, but simple sympathy card to show you. I'm preparing cards for an upcoming all-occasion stamp-a-stack and I always like to design a sympathy card....because we always need them. I'm also offering the option to switch out the sentiment to "thinking of you" or "get well soon" so that the guests have options.

I saw a similar card to this on Pinterest and I was drawn to the simple design. I changed mine a little bit, but the design is the same. I started by embossing a 4" by 5-1/4" Night of Navy Card Stock mat with the Subtle Embossing Folder. I adhered this to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.
Next, I stamped the circular design from the "Painted Glass" stamp set in Night of Navy Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and punched it out with the 2" Circle Punch. I adhered this directly to the card. Then, I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy Ink onto Whisper White and punched it out with the Tailored Tag Punch. I stamped the roses from the "Painted Glass" set in Night of Navy Ink onto Petal Pink and Lovely Lipstick Card Stock. I cut these out with their matching Stained Glass Thinlit. (You can get the "Painted Glass" stamp set and Stained Glass Thinlits in a bundle, saving 15% over what you'd spend if you purchased them separately!)

I used a little Snail Adhesive in the middle of the of the circular design and adhered a length of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon. I adhered the sentiment piece with Stampin' Dimensionals. I used one Stampin' Dimensional for each flower and adhered them to the card, tucking them behind each other. 

To finish the card, I added two Clear Epoxy Droplets and some Wink of Stella to the flowers. Very simple, but very elegant, don't you think?













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment