Sunday, December 4, 2022

Creation Station: Holiday Happenings


ETA: Oops! I missed the deadline to hook up with the blog hop due to illness. A list of the design team's projects is at the end of this post.

How can it be December already?! Does the holiday season sneak up on you every year like it does for me? First it's Halloween--did I buy candy? Then it's Thanksgiving--who's coming over? What will I be making? And then we're sliding into Christmas--what do the kids want? Have I done my Christmas cards? (Yes, they're ALL made--over 100 of them. Are they signed, sealed, and delivered? Of course not!!) 

One of the things I like to do for the holidays is make little gifts for my officemates. We all hang stockings outside our cubicles and get little goodies throughout the month of December. I thought I was done with that since I retired at the end of July--but (what was I thinking?!) I've gone back to work part-time to the same office to work on a special project. So I'm needing a few little goodies to spread the holiday cheer.

I found the perfect inspiration from Barbara Reed, the Wexford Stamper. She's my Stampin' Up sideline and she is the QUEEN of box-making. She is really and truly amazing! You should give her a follow on her blog and on You Tube.

Today I present to you a forest of candy-filled Christmas tree boxes!

Aren't they just the cutest?! You can make your own by following my tutorial. I used Shaded Spruce Card Stock, Glittered Organdy Ribbon, and Festive Pearls. To make the zig-zagged stitching pieces, I used the Stitched Rectangles Dies.


Mono Multipurpose Liquid Glue is your friend for putting these together!

There's a clever secret to opening these boxes to get to the goodies inside without ripping open the box: slide the bow up the hanger and then you can open the side of the box.


Since I missed linking up with the Creation Station Design Team's blogs, I've posted their links below. You can start on any one of these blogs and hop around this month's projects.

@denitawrightsmee

@saranell7710

@seeinginkspots

@thecraftyoinkpen

@justbstamping

@thecreativeteapot

@theartfulinker

I hope you have the happiest holiday and an excellent new year! (I'm @kkstamps on Instagram)






Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$11.00

No comments:

Post a Comment