Monday, September 24, 2018

At Home for Christmas

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   This weekend, I held the second of four Christmas card stamp-a-stack sessions. This has become an annual tradition for several of my stamping friends. Once a month, August through November, I design 3 cards and we get together to stamp and assemble them. By Thanksgiving, if they have attended all four sessions, my friends leave with 48 hand-made cards giving them plenty of time to address and mail them out and attend to all their holiday activities.

This year, I'm offering a limited, long-distance option. If you see a card that you like, let me know. I'll do all the prep work (cutting the paper and counting the embellishments) and you purchase the stamp set and ink to go with the cards. For instance, if you'd like to make today's card, you could click on the "At Home with You" stamp set at the end of this post and it would take you to my online store where you could purchase the set and the "Hardwood" background stamp. You would need to have on hand (or purchase from me) Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Mossy Meadow Ink, and Crumb Cake Ink. Then, send me an email and let me know how many cards you want to make and we'll work out a deal--and cost--where I'll prep the materials for you and get them in the mail to arrive about the time your Stampin' Up order arrives.
This card was super easy to make and the Boxwood Wreath is a fun addition! I started by stamping the "Hardwood" background in Crumb Cake Ink onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel. I adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Cherry Cobbler mat. I wrapped a length of Mossy Meadow Festive Farmhouse Twine around and tied it in a cute bow.

Next, I stamped the door from the "At Home with You" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Cherry Cobbler Card Stock and again onto Basic Gray Card Stock. I cut out the door and the door frame and adhered them directly to the card.

I stamped the "Merry Christmas" sentiment from the "At Home with You" set in Mossy Meadow onto Whisper White Card Stock and cut it out with an oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits. I adhered this to a Mossy Meadow scalloped oval cut with one of the Layering Ovals Framelits. I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

For that cute finishing touch, I used three Glue Dots to adhere the Boxwood Wreath to the card. Isn't this adorable?! And so easy--just the way I like it!








 
Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment