Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Take a Deep Breath

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Retiring from your job after 30 years takes a LOT of planning. It's a big step. And it must feel like stepping out into the wide unknown. (I don't know myself, of course, because I'm still working. Confounded children!) My advice whenever someone is making a big change is to take a deep breath and step out. 

I think the "just breathe" sentiment from the "Colorful Seasons" stamp set is a perfect sentiment for a retirement card! I made this card with a tranquil scene so the recipient can picture how relaxing retirement will be.
To make this card, I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White Card Stock panel. I used an Aqua Painter to lay down messy watercolor washes in Balmy Blue, Pear Pizzazz, and Crumb Cake. I stamped the sentiment in Fresh Fig Ink and adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Crumb Cake Card Stock mat and then onto a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.

I stamped some of the flowers from the "Colorful Seasons" stamp set in Berry Burst, Cherry Cobbler, Fresh Fig, and Powder Pink and cut them out with the corresponding thinlit from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits. With the corresponding thinlits from the same set, I cut an Adirondack chair from Whisper White Card Stock and some tree branches from Crumb Cake Card Stock.

I adhered the chair and branches to the card with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen and adhered the flowers with Stampin' Dimensionals. So pretty and tranquil. Ah. I could just sit there and breathe in the fragrance all day, couldn't you?

















Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment