Saturday, September 15, 2018

Undersea Adventure

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Yikes! I thought I had pre-published a week's worth of projects for you. Somehow I forgot to hit the publish button. Doh! So you get two bonus weekend projects. I'll be back to my regular Monday through Friday publishing schedule next week!


One of my dear, dear coworkers is going to be retiring soon. I'm really going to miss her. She has taught me so much about life and about how to deal with work and family issues. It's been a great comfort to me to be able to walk over to her desk any time I needed a pep talk--or any time I needed to vent. She's always there for me with good advice. We've laughed. We've cried. We've laughed until we've cried. I'm going to miss her.


I wanted to make an extra special card for her next adventure in life. I found a similar card on Pinterest and I loved the colors and layers, so I created my own for my friend.



I started by stamping the net from the "Sea of Textures" stamp set in Sahara Sand Ink randomly onto a 4" by 5-1/4" Whisper White Card Stock panel. I stamped a sentiment from the "Sea of Textures" stamp set in Early Espresso Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and cut it out with a circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits set. Next I used almost every piece of the Under the Sea Framelits to cut the netting, sand dollars, and various sea plants from Sahara Sand, Soft Sea Foam, and Whisper White Card Stock. I also cut some Soft Sea Foam Card Stock waves with the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Dies.


I arranged all these pieces in an undersea still life, adding in a bit of Copper Trim that I stretched out. I adhered these pieces to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots, and Snail Adhesive, as needed.


If you'd like to send someone off on their wonderful adventure with a card like this, just click on the supplies at the end of the blog post and you'll be taken to my online store where you can order these and any other Stampin' Up supplies.














Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment