Thursday, September 6, 2018

Welcome, Baby!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   My favorite image in the "Animal Outing" stamp set is the sweet kangaroo with the koala baby in her pouch. That image is also fun to color with Stampin' Blends--even for someone like me who doesn't like to color. Stampin' Blends is changing my mind about coloring. I almost like it now.
For today's card, I started by stamping the image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Thick Whisper White Cardstock. I colored the image with Light Crumb Cake and Light Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends. I cut out the image with a large circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits and adhered it to a Basic Black scalloped circle that I cut with one of the Layering Circles Framelits.

Next, I used the Layered Leaves Embossing Folder to emboss a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Lemon Lime Twist Card Stock. I adhered that to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Basic Black Card Stock mat. I wrapped a length of Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon around these pieces and then adhered everything to a Crumb Cake Card Stock card base.

I adhered the kangaroo element to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and added a couple of Basic Black Best Route Enamel Shapes. I stamped a sentiment from the "Animal Outing" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and punched out the words with the Classic Label Punch. I tucked these under the circle element and adhered them to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

Be sure to come back tomorrow for my last card in this week's Animal Expedition showcase!!








 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment