Friday, September 21, 2018

CAS Tree

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   This week I'm featuring CAS (clean and simple) cards that I have CASEd (copy and share everything) from samples on Pinterest. If you want to see the cards that inspired me this week, check out my Pinterest board here.


I've been playing with watercolor wash backgrounds lately. It's a quick and easy way to add a beautiful background detail to your cards. And you don't have to be a watercoloring expert to do it.




I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Watercolor Paper and used an Aqua Painter to add quick washes of Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, and Mossy Meadow Inks. I kept the colors separate so they didn't bleed into each other. And because I am the world's most impatient stamper, I set the inks with my Heat Tool so I didn't have to wait very long to keep stamping.


I used my Stamparatus tool for the rest of the card. First I stamped the tree from the "Rooted in Nature" stamp set in Night of Navy Ink. I stamped over it in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink so that it yielded a darker color of navy. I cut the tree out with the matching Nature's Roots Framelit.


After my Watercolor Paper panel was dry, I placed it into the Stamparatus so that I could stamp the sentiment. I used the gorgeous "thinking of you" stamp from the "Rooted in Nature" stamp set and stamped it in Mossy Meadow Ink. Because the Watercolor Paper is nubbly, you can use the Stamparatus to overstamp it as many times as you need to get a solid image. I love how that works!


I adhered the stamped piece to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Mossy Meadow Card Stock and then onto a Night of Navy Card Stock card base.















Product List
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00

No comments:

Post a Comment