Thursday, September 12, 2019

Bird of Friendship

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ThoughtfulThursday   What's better than a good friend? We all need to have someone (or someones) in our lives with whom we can share the bonds of friendship. We need someone to talk to, to laugh with, to cry with. I'm so very fortunate to have a wonderful best friend who means the world to me! If you have someone like that in your life, here's a sweet card that you can make for them. 

I started by adhering a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper to a 4" by 5-1/4" Basic Black Card Stock mat. I then adhered this to a Pool Party Card Stock card base. Easy peasy!

Next, I cut a Stitched Nested Label--purposely cutting off the top--from Whisper White Card Stock. I stamped both the sentiment and the bird from the "Free As A Bird" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I colored the bird with Light Pool Party and Light Sea Foam Green Stampin' Blend Markers.  I wrapped some White Baker's Twine around this piece several times and then adhered it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I thought the card needed a little something, so I tried a Pearlized Doily. I didn't like either the flat or shiny sides--then I thought about coloring it with a Light Basic Black Stampin' Blend! I tried the shiny side first, but didn't like that either, so I tried coloring the flat site--that's the ticket! I tucked this under the label, adhering it with a little strategically placed Snail Adhesive. I added two tiny  Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the card as a finishing touch.













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment