Friday, September 20, 2019

Topped with Icing

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #FabulousFriday   I pulled out all the stops for today's card and it is truly fabulous, if I do say so myself (and I do)! I made this card for my BFF's birthday. I always try to make her an extra special card--because she's extra special to me and because ALL the cards she makes are extra! (I was inspired by this card made by Kerry Timms in the UK.)

I really had fun making this card! Here's how I did it. I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" Smoky Slate Card Stock panel and embossed it with the Subtle Embossing Folder. I stamped candles and lollipops from the "Piece of Cake" stamp set in Versamark Ink onto this panel and then adhered it to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Lovely Lipstick Card Stock mat. I adhered a 1/2" strip of Lovely Lipstick Card Stock (pulled out of my scrap bin--because I save everything just for occasions like this) to the Smoky Slate panel and then I added a length of Gray Granite Ribbon. I stapled one end onto the card and ran a bit of Snail Adhesive to stick the ribbon to the card. Then I adhered everything to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.

Next, I stamped the two pieces of the cake image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and punched them out with the Cake Builder Punch. (I shared a Protip for making this easy by using the Stamparatus on this blog post!) I colored the cake stand with Light & Dark Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends and the icing on the cake with a Light Lovely Lipstick Stampin' Blend.

Here's the fun part: I used Shimmery Crystal Effects and Ice Stampin' Glitter from the Holiday Catalog to make the icing look extra special.


I punched a circle of Vellum Card Stock with my 2" Circle Punch and cut a Lovely Lipstick Card Stock scalloped circle with one of the Layering Circles Dies. I adhered the Lovely Lipstick circle to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and I adhered the vellum circle to the card with carefully hidden Stampin' Dimensionals. I used a combination of Mini and regular Stampin' Dimensionals to add the cake to the card.

Next, I used the Botanical Tags Dies to cut some leaves from a Silver Foil Sheet and tucked them behind the circle element. I also tied a length of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon onto the Smoky Slate Ribbon.

To finish the card, I stamped the sentiments from the "Piece of Cake" stamp set in Lovely Lipstick Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. Working quickly, before the ink dried, I sprinkled on some Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder and set it with my Heat Tool. That's a Bonus Protip for you--emboss in any color. I used the Classic Label Punch to punch out the sentiments and snipped the ends. I adhered these to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals. Finally, I added three silver Metallic Pearls, 'cause why not?

That was fun--and my BFF loved the card, so mission accomplished! Have a great weekend. See you Monday for a quick and easy Manic Monday card!











tams# 37262

Product List
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00

No comments:

Post a Comment