Friday, September 13, 2019

Geared Up Celebration

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #FabulousFriday   I never seem to have enough masculine cards in my stash. Does that happen to you? I had a fabulous idea to use the colors and some elements from the Come Sail Away Suite of products together with the "Geared Up Garage" stamp set for today's card. The card turned out more fabulous than I imagined!
I started by stamping the oil stain and little nuts from the "Geared Up Garage" stamp set in Basic Gray onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Smoky Slate panel. I stamped some elements in full strength ink and some stamped off. I adhered a 2" by 3-3/4" strip of striped Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper to this piece and then onto a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Night of Navy Card Stock panel. (Bonus Protip: Use the Garage Gears Dies to the gears element out first!) I wrapped two lengths of Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker's Twine around before adhering everything to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base. I used another length of Baker's Twine to tie on a cute key from the Classic Garage Metal Elements.

Next, I stamped the sentiment, tool box, and oil can in Night of Navy onto Whisper White Card Stock. I punched out the sentiment with the Tailored Tag Punch and cut out the other elements with their matching Garage Gears Dies. Afterwards, I added some Basic Gray nut images to the label. I adhered these elements to the card with Stampin' Dimensonals.

Finally, I used strategically placed Mini Glue Dots to adhere the gear element to the card. I think this is a fabulous masculine card. I'm so pleased with how it turned out!










 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment