Sunday, September 1, 2019

Creation Station: His & Hers



#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #creationstation   Can you believe it's September already?! The summer just flew by...well, those hot and humid days didn't fly by, but looking back it seems the summer whooshed on by.

Since it's the first Sunday of the month, your Creation Station Design Team has created some wonderful projects to inspire YOU. We've created two cards using the same layout--one for "him" and one for "her."  My twins--a boy and a girl--have a birthday in August (oh my gosh--they're 20 years old!!) so I used that opportunity to make his and her birthday cards. They turned out quite nicely if I say so myself (and I do). Let's take a look.


For my son's card, I used products from the Come Sail Away Suite and for my daughter's card, I used products from the Magnolia Lane Suite. Both are Crossover Gatefold cards, with a circular element on the top panel and a Stitched Nested Label on the bottom panel. Here is the recipe for both cards.

Thick Whisper White Card Base:  
8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ and score at 2-1/8″ and 6-3/8"

Night of Navy/Mossy Meadow Layers:  
4″ x 2-1/2″ (cut two per card)

Come Sail Away/Magnolia Lane 
Designer Series Paper Layers:  
3-3/4″ x 2-1/4″ (cut two per card)

Whisper White Stitched Nested Label:  
Night of Navy/Mossy Meadow Ink

The insides of the cards use the same layout, too. I adhered a 4" by 5-1/4 Night of Navy/Mossy Meadow Card Stock layer inside and a stamped Whisper White Layer on top. The sentiments are from the "Itty Bitty Birthdays" stamp set.

Here's how the cards fold/open with the Crossover Gatefold.

I had fun with the different elements on the front of the cards. For "his" card, embossed a quarter sheet of Night of Navy Card Stock with the Subtle Embossing Folder. I cut three anchors with the Smooth Sailing Die and glued them on top of each other. Next, I smacked the top of the anchors with a Versamark pad and sprinkled on some Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder--but just enough to cover a portion of the anchor. I set this with the Heat Tool and then roughed it up with a sanding block. I used Mini Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the anchor to a Sahara Sand Card Stock Circle that I cut with a Stitched Shapes Die. I desconstructed the Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker's Twine and added it behind this element.
I used a Blender Pen to move some of the Night of Navy Ink around to fill in the sailboat. That was fun, so I used a Blender Pen on the "hers" card to color the flowers.
For the top of the "hers" card, I built a flower using the Magnolia Memory Dies. I adhered a swoosh of Whisper White Flax Ribbon to the top panel and the adhered the flower on top.

I hope you've enjoyed my his and her birthday cards. Now it's time to hop on over to Sara Levin who is such an inspiration to me!
theartfulinker.com/rooted-in-nature-his-and-hers-layout















Product List
Blender Pens
[102845]
$12.00
Product List
Blender Pens
[102845]
$12.00

5 comments:

  1. What a super fun fold. I've not seen a fold like this before, but I really like it and love how you've reflected the His and Hers theme here xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these birthday cards--that fold detail makes them look like they are two cards in one! Great details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These folds are so fun! Love the masculine and feminine takes on them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these Kathy such a great use of the layout for two really unique cards - both have that little some extra with the silver touches on your anchor and oh my that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your son and daughter! You took his an hers up a notch with a fun fold and all the little details.

    ReplyDelete