Monday, September 9, 2019

A Merry Season

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #simplestamping   #ManicMonday   My life lately seems to be a string of manic days--not just Mondays. I started a new job at work and although it doesn't seem like that much more work than my previous job, it must be more work because I'm exhausted at the end of the day. I can barely get through dinner. I've been sitting in bed knitting most evenings--which means the stampin' room has been neglected. Sorry about that. I'll make up for it this week, starting with today's card.

Stampin' Up's September #simplestamping challenge is to make a Christmas/holiday/new year's card using only stamps, ink, paper, and designer series paper. Yay, DSP! I need a little something more than just the basics. I used the gorgeous Noble Peacock Specialty Designer Series Paper from the Annual Catalog and the "Memories of Home" stamp set from the just-released Holiday Catalog. (NOTE: The Noble Peacock Specialty DSP is thick--at least as thick as cardstock, probably thicker.) Here's my #simplestamping Christmas card. What do you think?


I have a confession: I cheated a little bit on the challenge. I used Clear Wink of Stella (that's ink, right?) to add some glimmer to the ornaments--and to pull some of the ink into the blank space. You can do some faux "watercoloring" with Wink of Stella. I also couldn't resist adding a small Pretty Peacock colored Noble Peacock Rhinestone to the center of two of the ornaments. Here's a close up so you can see the pretty DSP and the shimmer from the Wink of Stella.

I challenge you to create cards using only stamps, ink, paper, and DSP! If you do, post them on line using the hashtag #simplestamping.

I have a fun Protip for you tomorrow, so come on back and see what I've got!












Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment