Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Watercolored Bird

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ProtipTuesday   Two weeks ago, I shared a Protip using an acrylic block as a stamp. Today I have a second Protip that uses an acrylic block as a painter's pallet. You may know the Protip of squeezing an ink pad so that the ink accumulates in the lid of the pad and then you can use either an Aqua Painter or Blender Pen to pick up the color. I find that it's much harder to squeeze the new style stamp pads and I'm always afraid I'm going to crack the lid with my brute force. Instead, you can squeeze a couple of drops of reinker onto an acrylic block and use that as your pallet. Here's my pallet for today's card. (I ended up using Sahara Sand rather than Soft Suede, which turned out to be too dark.)

I cut out a piece of Watercolor Paper using one of the Stitched Nested Labels Dies and stamped the bird from the "Free as a Bird" stamp set in Stazon Jet Black Ink. Using my reinkers and a barely wet Aqua Painter. I colored the bird in Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, and Sahara Sand Inks. I added a bit of Old Olive to create the ground. I stamped the sentiment in Old Olive Ink.

I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the watercolored piece to a Old Olive label that I cut with a larger Stitched Nested Label Dies. I adhered these pieces to a 4" by 5-1/4" Daffodil Delight Card Stock mat that I embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder. I wrapped a length of Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim around these pieces and then adhered everything to a Soft Suede Card Stock card base.

To finish the card, I tied a cute bow with an extra piece of Scalloped Lace Trim and added three gold Metallic Pearls.













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment