Thursday, April 30, 2020

Under the Sea

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I'm kind of sad that the "Sea of Textures" and Under the Sea Dies are retiring at the end of the current catalog period. This is such a fun set and that octopus is adorable! I wanted to play with these items before they retire and to showcase them one more time in case you've got FOMO--fear of missing out on the opportunity to purchase them for your own collection!

Look at this card I made! I'm patting myself on the back 'cause it's so stinkin' cute!

I started by stamping the tall sea grass in Pretty Peacock ink at the bottom of a 3-7/8" by 5" Whisper White panel. Some of the grass is stamped full strength, while others are stamped at half or quarter strength (stamped off). I added some texture along the bottom with Soft Sea Foam and Balmy Blue Inks. There's also a bit of netting that I stamped in Sahara Sand Ink. 

I adhered my stamped panel to a 4" by 5-1/4" Pretty Peacock Card Stock mat. I wrapped a length of the Magnolia Lane Linen Thread (retiring) around the bottom of the card and then adhered everything to a Sahara Sand Card Stock card base.

Next, I used my Stamparatus to stamp the octopus. I wanted to give him a multi-colored look. I stamped him in Soft Sea Foam, then Calypso Coral--stamped off once, then Pretty Peacock--stamped off once, and then Calypso Coral again. I love the way he turned out! I cut him out with the matching die and adhered him to the card with a combination of regular and Mini Stampin' Dimensionals. To give him a little shimmer, I painted him with Clear Wink of Stella.



I stamped a sentiment from the "Sea of Textures" stamp set in Pretty Peacock Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and cut it out with the Classic Label Punch. I snipped off the left side, attached some Mini Stampin' Dimensionals, and adhered it to the card so that it looks like he's holding a sign!

To finish the card I added several Balmy Blue Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequins (retiring) that look like bubbles.

As always, you can purchase any (or all) of the supplies I used to make this card by clicking on the thumbnails below.

Stay safe! Stay healthy! Stay home!













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment