Thursday, April 23, 2020

Poppies Four Ways

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Stampin' Up just announced its retirement list. You can find it here. There are loads of fun things retiring, but don't despair--that just makes room for NEW stuff! The 2018-2020 In Colors (Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove, Pineapple Punch, Call Me Clover, Blueberry Bushel) are retiring. If you want those inks, refills, card stock, designer series paper, ribbons, embellishments, get them soon, because the In Color items go quick! Retiring stamp sets will have guaranteed availability until May 22; all other retiring products are not guaranteed and are only available while supplies last, and will be discontinued after June 2. 

One item that will be retiring is the Peaceful Poppies Elements (item 151327), so I figured I'd better hop to it and use them while they're still around. They are a bargain at $6.50 and they're a lot of fun to play with.

I started with a basic design using Basic Black Card Stock as the card base, a Whisper White panel cut with the largest Stitched Rectangles Die, a 1-1/2" strip of Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper (retiring), the black embossed scallop strip from the Peaceful Poppies Elements (retiring), and a length of Whisper White Crinkle Seam Binding Ribbon.
I added different Peaceful Poppies Elements for each card. For this card, I used the embossed vellum elements that I colored (on the back) with Light Poppy Parade and Light Mossy Meadow Stampin' Blends. I stamped a sentiment from the "Peaceful Moments" stamp set in Versamark Ink onto an embossed black banner element, sprinkled on some White Stampin' Emboss Powder, and set it with my Heat Tool. The poppies are adhered to the card with regular and Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.


The second card is similar to the first. This time I used the embossed watercolor paper elements and used my Aqua Painter (retiring) to color them with Poppy Parade and Mossy Meadow Ink. The sentiment is also from the "Peaceful Moments" set and embossed with White Stampin' Emboss Powder.
For card number three, I used the printed die cut and the black embossed circle elements. Both pieces are adhered to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The final card uses the long-stemmed vellum flowers that I colored (on the back) with the Light Poppy Parade and Light Mossy Meadow Stampin' Blends. I adhered them to the card with some strategically placed Mini Glue Dots. I tied a bow from the Whisper White Crinkled Ribbon and adhered it to the card with another Mini Glue Dot.

These cards were really fun to make. My PROTIP is to color all your elements first and then they'll be ready for you to use whenever the whim strikes you. I made all four cards in less than half an hour!

Don't forget to peruse the retiring list--some items are already marked down and some items will go fast!

Stay safe! Stay healthy! Stay home!











Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment