Monday, April 27, 2020

Koala Baby

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   It's that time of the Stampin' Up year where we bid a fond farewell to retiring stamp sets and products. It can be a sad time, but it's also exciting because we're anticipating the new product release on June 2nd. But let's not get ahead of ourselves: although some items are retiring, they're still available for another month or so.

One of my favorite retiring sets is "Animal Outing." I love the animals in this set and they're fun and easy to color with Stampin' Blends. For this card, I paired the image up with some Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper (retiring). I love these fun colors!


I started with a Bermuda Bay Card Stock card base and adhered two 1-1/2" by 5-1/2" strips of Bermuda Bay Birthday Bonanza DSP (retiring) to either side of the front. I adhered a 2" by 5-1/2" strip of Grapefruit Grove Birthday Bonanza DSP (retiring) to a 2-1/8" by 5-1/2" strip of Whisper White Card Stock and then onto the card front.

I stamped the kangaroo and koala image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and colored the image with Light and Dark Crumb Cake, Light Smoky Slate, and Light Petal Pink Stampin' Blends. I cut this out with the largest circle in the Stitched Shapes Dies. I adhered it to a scalloped Bermuda Bay Card Stock circle cut with a Layering Circles Die. I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I punched the end of a 1-1/2" strip of Bermuda Bay Card Stock with the Banner Triple Punch and tucked it behind the main image, adhering the end with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next, I stamped the sentiment in Bermuda Bay Ink onto Whisper White scraps, sprinkled on some White Stampin' Emboss Powder, and set it with my Heat Tool. I fussy cut the words and adhered them to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

For a finishing touch, I added three Basic Self-Adhesive Sequins (retiring).

If you want any of these items, act quickly. The DSP and embellishments are only available while supplies last and some items on the retiring list have already sold out! The stamp sets are only guaranteed to be available until May 22. As always, just click on the thumbnails below and you'll be taken directly to my online store where you can shop in the comfort and safety of your own home!

Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay home.













Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment