Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Sweet Thing

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   How is everyone doing amidst this COVID-19 quarantine? I hope you and your family are staying healthy.  My family is still hanging in there--chillaxing, mainly--although my twins have online college classes so they're busy. And my older son is still working in the food industry. I'm grateful that he has a job and an income--and a safe place to live with us--and I'm grateful my husband and I have jobs that allow us to continue to be paid while we're riding out this virus.

I've got a cheerful birthday card to share with you today. I love the colors and the simple layout. I used the "Piece of Cake" stamp set and coordinating Cake Builder Punch.

I started by stamping the cake and cake stand in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. I used my Stamparatus to line up the pieces so that I could punch them out easily. See this post for a PROTIP on how to do that. Once the pieces were punched out, I colored the cake with Light Lovely Lipstick and Dark Mint Macaron Stampin' Blends. I colored the cake stand with Light and Dark Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends. I added a touch of Wink of Stella to both pieces (which is hard to see in the photo).

Next, I stamped a row of candles in Mint Macaron Ink along the bottom of a 4" by 5-1/4" Whisper White Card Stock panel. I adhered this to a Mint Macaron Card Stock card base. I tussled a length of Rose Metallic Thread and adhered it to the card. Then I used a combination of regular and Mini Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the cake and cake stand.

I stamped a sentiment from the "Piece of Cake" set in Lovely Lipstick Ink onto a 1/2" Whisper White strip and flagged the ends with my Paper Snips. I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

For a finishing touch, I added three pearl white Basic Adhesive-Backed Sequins.

If you'd like to make this card, you can order all the supplies you need from me! Just click on one of the thumbnails below and you'll be taken to my online store where you can start your order.

Stay healthy. Stay Safe. Stay Home.













Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00
Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00

No comments:

Post a Comment