Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Mystery Card

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   How is it Tuesday already? It's becoming harder and harder to keep track of time. My sleep cycle is topsy-turvy, too. I'm staying up way too late and getting out of bed way too late. But whatever. Time has no meaning right now.

I've crossed a lot of things off my at-home to-do list. You know, that list we all have that we'll take care of when we have time. Well, I've got nothing but time, but I'm trying to spread out my tasks to last for a while. Plus, with all the organizing I'm doing, I don't have anywhere to store all the stuff I need to get rid of. Man! When those thrift stores open, I'll be they're going to be inundated!

I've always said that when I retire, I'm going to stamp all day. That isn't really happening. I think it's because this isn't retirement. This is something else. Something unexpected. I worry that my retired self is going to be this stay-up-too-late-sleep-too-much person. But I don't think that will happen. Now, I can't get out and do anything. When I'm retired, I'll be able to go out and do volunteer work and I'll make a schedule. We'll see.

In the meantime, here's a fun stamping activity for you. My upline Stampin' Up leader, Connie Heisey, hosted a team meeting on Zoom and she asked us to create a card using these mystery "ingredients."


Piece of card stock: 
5 1/2 x 8 1/2

Piece of DSP: 2 x 5 3/8

Piece of card stock: 
4 x 5 1/4

Piece of card stock: 
3 1/4 x 4 1/4

Piece of card stock: 
3 x 4

Punch, Sentiment,
8 inches of ribbon

I used Basic Black, Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Bermuda Bay, and Daffodil Delight Card Stock. The Designer Series Paper is Birthday Bonanza. The ribbon is Basic Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon. And the punch is the Everyday Label Punch. PROTIP: Notice how I stamped and punched from the middle of the Whisper White piece? I love to save paper that way!

The sentiment is from the "Itty Bitty Birthdays" stamp set and is stamped in Bermuda Bay Ink.

Here's my finished project.



 That was a fun challenge. What will you come up with?










Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment