Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Birthday Poppies

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I'm sure you've had a look at the gorgeous Peaceful Poppies Suite on pages 24 through 27 of the January-to-June mini catalog. Did you happen to notice the Peaceful Poppies Elements on page 25? I completely missed them the first several times I looked at that suite. And then when I understood what they were, I was afraid that I wasn't up to the task to using them. They looked too "artistic." Well, I overcame my fear and played with them today and, while they are definitely artistic, there is nothing to fear!

The Peaceful Poppies Elements (item 151327) are a bargain at $6.50. You get two sheets of embossed water color paper, two sheets of embossed vellum card stock, two sheets of embossed black elements, and two sheets of printed die-cut elements. I spent an enjoyable afternoon coloring these sheets with Poppy Parade and Mossy Meadow Inks and my Aqua Painters. I also colored a vellum sheet with Light Poppy Parade and Mossy Meadow Stampin' Blends. I colored one flower on the front of the vellum, but decided I like the effect better when I colored on the back. Here are my colored elements.


The top is water color paper, the middle is vellum with ink, and the bottom is vellum with Stampin' Blends. I labeled the one flower I colored on the front so you can see the difference. The best part about water coloring is that it doesn't have to be perfect--in fact, it's supposed to flow outside the lines. 

I stamped a sentiment from the "Peaceful Moments" stamp set in Versamark Ink onto one of the black elements pieces, sprinkled on White Stampin' Emboss Powder, and set it with my Heat Tool. I also used a black embossed border piece on the card--along with some striped Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper. The design is based on one I saw on Pinterest by a Japanese Stampin' Up demonstrator.

I adhered a bit of Vellum Card Stock on top of the DSP. The flowers and sentiment piece are adhered to the card with regular and Mini Stampin' Dimensionals. Everything is on a Mossy Meadow Card Stock card base. I added several Peaceful Poppy Sequins as well. I tied a little bow with the Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon and adhered it to the card with a Mini Glue Dot.

I had so much fun with the Peaceful Poppies Elements! I hope you'll give them a try, too!

Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay home.












Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment