Monday, October 14, 2013

Another Challenge!

I had so much fun playing along with challenges last week, that I decided to keep the momentum going!  This time I'm playing along with another of Lyssa Zwolenak's color challenges.  Last week's (10//13)  "In Love with Color Challenge" had these three choices:

Color Refresh-020
  1. Smoky Slate, So Saffron, Real Red and Basic Gray
  2. Rich Razzleberry, Midnight Muse, Pool Party and Old Olive
  3. Pacific Point, Dafodill Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Real Red
I chose color combination number 1: Smoky Slate, So Saffron, Real Red and Basic Gray.  I had the extra added challenge of using a really dry pad of Basic Gray ink.  My older felt pad was pretty dry and my new firm foam pad was bone dry. And there I was without a Basic Gray reinker.  I tried Basic Gray marker, but I didn't like the way that turned out. So I opted for a not-so-Basic Gray main imagine.  I still think this turned out pretty well...but I'm sooo glad my reinker came in my order last week so I could ink that firm foam pad up, baby!  

(Stamp Set: My Friend; Inks: Real Red, Basic Gray, So Safrron; Card Stock: Basic Gray, So Saffron, Real Red, Smoky Slate: Accessories: Neutrals Buttons)

This is the first time I've used the "My Friend" stamp set--I hadn't even mounted it yet!  Sometimes I have to wonder why I have so many sets that are just begging to be inked!

No comments:

Post a Comment