Friday, October 11, 2013

Two Challenges in One!

So sad!  It's the last day of my week of blog challenges.  I've had a great time playing along with a variety of challenges.  I hope you've enjoyed reading my blog and seeing my creations--and more than that, I hope you've been challenged to try something new, too!

Today, I've got one card that meets two challenges!  So clever of me, huh?  Both challenges come from Splitcoast Stampers.  The first is a sketch challenge (SC456):

sc456.jpg

And the second is a color challenge: Crazy Suede Starfruit (CC446):

Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Summer Starfruit


I had a flash of inspiration and actually knew exactly what set I wanted to use:  Six-Sided Sampler.  Here's my two, two, two challenges in one card:


(Stamp Set: Six-Sided Sampler; Ink: Cajun Craze;  Card Stock:  Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, Summer Starfruit; DSP: Soho Subway; Accessories:  Hexagon Punch, Honeycomb and Square Lattice Embossing Folders, Soft Suede 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon)

Doesn't the Cajun Craze ink on the Summer Starfruit card stock look great?  It almost makes the Summer Starfruit golden!  I fussy cut the stamped hexagons right on the edge of the image and backed them with a punched Soft Suede hexagon.  I backed each hexagon with a 1.5" square embossed with the Square Lattice Folder.  Lots of texture and yummy colors--and two, two, two challenges in one!!


REMINDER:  I'll be selling new and used retired Stampin' Up stamps, inks, papers, tools--and other non-Stampin' Up items at the 3rd Annual Cropmania Fall Scrapbook Indoor Yard Sale on Sunday October 13.  Details below. Hope you'll come out and get some great deals!

HUGE MARKDOWNS AND GREAT DEALS AND BARGAINS!!!
Sunday October 13th
9am-2pm

Elks Lodge #622
2 Pythian Dr (off Rt 2)
Edgewater, MD 21037


51 Tables of Marked Down Scrapbooking/Stamping Supplies!
5 online stores (2-3 tables each), 8 Consultants,  30 ladies with way too much stuff!!!!


$5 at the door to get in


Bottled water and snacks available onsite for purchase.


For more info and directions, go to www.cropmania.com and click on Yardsale.





No comments:

Post a Comment