Monday, February 24, 2014

Nacho Average Birthday Card

I discovered a new (to me) sketch challenge at the Nacho Average Challenge blog. Here's this week's sketch challenge:






I wanted to try something a bit retro and I wanted to use some Soho Subway DSP paper. That's probably my favorite DSP is the annual catalog and I've been hording it. I don't know why, but I tend to horde DSP. (I don't think I'm alone in this!) Here's the card I came up with for this sketch challenge:

(Stamp Set: Perfectly Penned; Ink: Early Espresso; Card Stock: Early Espresso, Crisp Cantaloupe, Very Vanilla; DSP: Soho Subway; Accessories: Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Hexagon Punch, 1/8" Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon)
I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Perfectly Penned set in Early Espresso and mounted on it a piece of Early Espresso the bottom of which I embossed with one of the Delicate Designs folder and then fussy cut the large scallops. The Crisp Cantaloupe panel is embossed with the Fancy Fan folder. The flags are cut from Soho Subway DSP and the points are made using the Hexagon punch. I curled the ends with my bone folder for a bit more dimension and movement. I used thin piece of 1/8" Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon as my second stripe to match the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment