Thursday, February 13, 2014

See Ya Later, Alligator!

"See ya later, Alligator," my mom would say to me when I was a kid. And if I wasn't in one of my moods, I'd respond "After a while, crocodile." This Sale-a-Bration stamp set reminds me of my mom--and that's a good thing. My mom was a wonderful woman and I'm indebted to her. She always said she was proud of me. I hope I can always live up to her opinion. And I hope I can instill in my children the things she gave to me--always look on the bright side, pick yourself up and keep going, do your best, don't sweat the small stuff. Those are all platitudes we can all live by.

Anyway (as Ellen would say), here's a card I CASEd almost exactly from last month's issue of Stampin' Success--the magazine we Stampin' Up demonstrators receive free every other month. It's one of our perqs and it is full of ideas on how to use our wonderful products. I loved the simplicity of this card and I loved the negative banner cut. It took me a minute, but I figured out how they made the banner longer than the actual framelit. Can you figure it out? I also put a button on it and used the Silver Baker's Twine (because that's what I had). Easy-peasy and quick! (It's a good thing it was quick because despite my "snow day" I worked harder at home than I would have at work and I didn't get to my stamping room until after 9:30 tonight. I know; I'm cray-cray, but whatevs).

(Stamp Set: See Ya Later; Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe; Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Whisper White; DSP: Sweet Sorbet; Accessories: Neutrals Basic Buttons, Silver Baker's Twine, Banners Framelit Dies)

No comments:

Post a Comment