Wednesday, April 9, 2014

CASEing Minders!

At last year's Stampin' Up convention, I stalked met one of my fave stampers, the famous Minders (aka Mindy Backes)! She makes awesome art, which you can see at her blog Bada-Bing! Paper-Crafting! I was thrilled that Mindy had one of her cards leftover and that she swapped with me. I've had her card on my own throw-back Pinterest board (an actual ribbon board) ever since. I look at it quite often and think I ought to CASE it. Well, I finally did!

This week's Fab Friday Color Challenge (38) was the perfect opportunity to CASE Mindy's card. 
 

Mindy's card used different colors, but I love the design elements she used. Here's Mindy's card.

All images copyright Stampin' Up Artwork by Mindy Backes




Here's my not-as-wonderful CASE of Mindy's card, using the Fab Friday colors.

 
(Stamp Sets: Six-Sided Sampler, Yippee-Skippee!, Papillion Potpourri; Inks: Baked Brown Sugar, Pistachio Pudding; Card Stock: Baked Brown Sugar, Pistachio Pudding, Sahara Sand; Accessories: Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Pistachio Pudding Ruffle Stretch Trim, Tea Lace Paper Doily, Chalk Talk Framelits, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Baked Brown Sugar and Pistachio Pudding Stampin' Write Markers, Basic Pearls, Basic Rhinestones)

I used the Six-Sided Sampler set and the Honeycomb Embossing folder. I colored the Yippee-Skippee! stamp with Baked Brown Sugar and Pistachio Pudding markers and then stamped onto Sahara Sand. The tag is cut from the Chalk Talk Framelits. I liked the way Mindy added some bling to her card, so I followed suit.

Thanks for the inspiration Mindy!!


2 comments:

  1. Great card, great case. Even with these somewhat-muted colors, the card is still very happy! Thanks for playing along with this week's FabFriday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a fabulous job with your CASE of Mindy's card! It is wonderful for springtime! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete