Friday, April 11, 2014

Springtime Butterfly

I'm playing along with a new (to me) challenge blog today: Freshly Made Sketches. I had originally planned to do another challenge, but the card I made for that challenge, well, it was a hot mess. I was not satisfied with it. I re-made it several times and I still don't like the finished product. So, my dear blog readers, you will never see that card fail. Fortunately, I found this new challenge blog and almost instantly had an idea for it.

Here's the sketch.


I thought this sketch would be great with the springtime colors in the Quatrefancy Specialty Paper. And I'm sort of on a butterfly kick. (Well, in the mess that is my stamping desk, the Papillion Potpourri set was still out, sooo....) Here's what I came up with:

(Stamp Sets: Papillion Potpourri, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Ink: Strawberry Slush; Card Stock: Strawberry Slush, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight; Specialty Series Paper: Quatrefancy; Accessories: Word Window, Modern Label, and Elegant Butterfly Punches, Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder, Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones)
I almost didn't add any stamping at all to the card. I kind of liked the simplicity of the color blocks with the embossed panel. But I decided to add one lone butterfly, a sentiment, and a little bling.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. It's going to be gorgeous here in central Maryland!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you choose to play along!! What a beautiful card!! Very pretty springy colors and i love the cute butterfly!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you made it over to my sketch this week! I wouldn't have wanted to miss this card. Love the bold, bright, beautiful colors, texture and details. Hope to see you again! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete