Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Christmas Card Preview #2

#stampinup   Today's card is very similar to several cards I've seen on Pinterest. I love finding ideas for cards on Pinterest--it's so easy to scroll through a bunch of designs at one time and then pin them to my boards for inspiration or downright copying. I do try to change up the design just a little bit.

I fell in love with the Home for Christmas suite of product in the Stampin' Up Holiday Catalog. The products are nostalgic and sweet. The Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper was printed so that the Santas and Christmas trees and deer and poinsettias could all be cut out--either with a circle punch or fussy cutting. I love to fussy cut--so that's why I chose to CASE this card.

I started by fussy cutting the Christmas tree and two sets of packages from the Home for Christmas DSP. I adhered these with Stampin' Dimensionals to a 2" x 5" Very Vanilla banner that I flagged with the Banner Triple Punch. I stamped a sentiment from the "Lots of Joy" set in Real Red at the bottom of the banner. I punched a Delightful Dijon star from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack set and adhered it to the tree with a Glue Dot. 

I embossed a Real Red card base, cut lengthwise, with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder. I used the same folder to emboss a 3" x 3" square of Pool Party Card Stock. I cut a 2-1/4" x 5" piece of Real Red striped Home for Christmas DSP. All the elements are adhered to the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I love this sweet nostalgic card.




Product List
103683s
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment