Thursday, October 22, 2015

Christmas Card Preview #4

#stampinup  I've got to admit that the "Dove of Peace" stamp was not on my original "gotta have it" list. I had another set on my list, but I ended up not getting it--and getting "Dove of Peace" instead. The reason is that the dove looks beautiful as just a line drawing as in today's card and simply stunning when colored. I thought that coloring the intricate design would be too much for a stamp-a-stack where my guests would be making a total of 12 cards, so I opted just to use the line drawing for this card.

I did a little rubber surgery on my stamp--I cut the sentiment off the dove, so that I can now stamp each element separately.

For this card, I stamped the dove in Island Indigo onto a Whisper White panel. I adhered a 1" x 4" strip of Bohemian Designer Series Paper to the bottom of the panel and then adhered it to a Island Indigo mat. I tied a length of Whisper White 1/4" Cotton around the DSP and then adhered everything to a Soft Sky card base.

I stamped the "peace" sentiment from the "Peaceful Wreath" set in Island Indigo onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Large Oval Punch. I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped the sentiment from the "Dove of Peace" set inside the card in Island Indigo.



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment