Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Balloon Banners

#stampinup   The "It's My Party" product suite in Stampin' Up's Occasions catalog has such bright, fun colors. I love how everything coordinates to make festive birthday cards. Today's card is one I've designed for an upcoming stamp-a-stack that one of my friends is hosting next month. It's inspired by a similar card made by Lisa Brown.

For my card, I started with a Crushed Curry mat and embossed it with the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder. I cut two 2" strips of It's My Party Designer Series Paper and flagged them with the Banner Triple punch. I adhered a half Tea Lace Paper Doily to the Melon Mambo banner before adhering everything to the card.

Next, I cut a 1" x 3.5" strip of Whisper White Card Stock and flagged the end with the Banner Triple Punch. I stamped three strings for the balloons in Tip Top Taupe and then I tied a length of Melon Mambo Baker's Twine around this piece before adhering it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I punched three balloons from the It's My Party DSP using the balloon punch from the Party Punch Pack. I adhered the balloons to the Whisper White banner with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next, I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment in Melon Mambo onto a Whisper White scrap and cut out each word. I adhered the words with Stampin' Dimensionals. Finally, I adhered everything to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I think this is a fun and bright card--perfect for anyone's birthday!



Product List

1 comment: