Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Cheery, Cherry Birthday

#stampinup   Sometimes when I get new toys, I forget to play with the toys I've had for a while. I've been creating with stamp sets from the Occasions catalog and Sale-a-Bration brochure lately and I've left my older friends on the shelf for far too long. When I saw this week's sketch challenge at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog, I knew that the "Amazing Birthday" set and Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper would be a match made in heaven.

Sketch Challenge 181 for the Paper Craft Crew.

I used the color pallet from the Cherry on Top DSP and matching washi tape for my card. I started by stamping the focal image in Watermelon Wonder onto a Whisper White panel. Next, I stamped the same image in Bermuda Bay and again in Cucumber Crush. I cut out the "amazing" and "today ridiculously" pieces and adhered them to the focal image with Stampin' Dimensionals. I adhered the finished piece to a Watermelon Wonder mat.

Next, I adhered a Crushed Curry design from the Cherry on Top 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper stack to a Crushed Curry card base, cut lengthwise,  I added three pieces of Cherry on Top Designer Washi tape to the bottom third of the card, as in the sketch. I adhered the focal image to this with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

Finally, I stamped the birthday cake image from the same set in Crushed Curry onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it with the 1.5" Circle Punch. I adhered this to the card with a Stampin' Dimensional on the left and with Snail Adhesive on the right, so the circle wouldn't wobble.

I really like how bright and cheery this card turned out. It's certainly a bright card to send to cheer someone on a gloomy winter day.



Product List

2 comments:

  1. Great combination of the Amazing Birthday set and Cherry on Top DSP, Kathy! You're right- this is a cheery, cheery birthday card that anyone would love to receive. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew for this challenge. ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, Amazing Birthday card (love the play on words). Love the color combinations you used and how you brought all the pieces together. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew and we look forward to having you play along with our next challenge. ~Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete