Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Peach Soup

#stampinup   One of the beautiful new In Colors for 2016-17 is Peekaboo Peach. I've heard talk on the interwebz that some stampers are finding it hard to use this color. I think I'll be just fine--once I my Stampin' Up order gets here! I only have a few stamp sets and designer series papers and ribbons from the pre-order. I feel like I'm on a stamp "diet!" And I don't like it. Anyway, I tried my hand at using Peekaboo Peach with my limited supplies as I play along in this week's Global Design Project challenge.



When I saw the theme, I immediately thought about using the "Get Well Soup" stamp. I love this big, bold stamp and my favorite way to use it is to paper piece the bowl. I stamped the image onto a Whisper White panel in Basic Black Archival Ink. I stamped the bowl on one of the polka dotty sheets of the Playful Palette Designer Series Paper Stack. I fussy cut the bowl and adhered it to the stamped image. I didn't like the black heart in the middle of the bowl and the Sweetheart Punch was a little too big to cover it, so I used the larger flower from the trio of flowers from the "Grateful Bunch" stamp set, which I colored in Sweet Sugarplum using a Blender Pen. I adhered the flower to the bowl with a couple of glue dots.

I adhered the main panel to a Basic Black mat and I am kicking myself because I didn't order Peekaboo Peach Rushed Ribbon so I added a length of Sweet Sugarplum Ruched Ribbon to the assembly before adhering it to a Peekaboo Peach card base.

I'll admit that I need to play a little more with Peekaboo Peach, but I think I'm going to fall in love with it--just like I've fallen in love with all the 2016-17 In Colors!



Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25
Blender Pens
[102845]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment