Friday, June 24, 2016

Quick & Bright Birthday

#stampinup   I was never so glad to see "Mr. Brown" pull up to my house--he had my big Stampin' Up order of NEW product! I had some items that I was able to purchase during the pre-order period (one of the perqs of being a Stampin' Up demonstrator is being able to order product before they're available to the general public), but I felt like I was on a stampin' "diet" because I only had one set of designer series paper and only a few stamp sets. Everybody else was posting NEW stuff online and I wanted mine {she said with a petulant stomp of her foot}.


Finally, right before I left on my business trip, "Mr. Brown" (the UPS man) showed up at my door. Oh happy day!


I love this new single stamp, "Stylized Birthday." I love the font and I think it goes well paired with Pop of Pink Specialty Series Paper and coordinating Pop of Pink Washi Tape. This card is super easy to make and it has such a strong impact. You could make a stack of them in no time and be ready to bring back the birthdays yourself. #imbringingbirthdaysback


I started with a Melon Mambo card base, cut lengthwise. I added a background from a sheet of Pop of Pink Specialty Series Paper. Before I adhered the DSP to the card, I added a length of Melon Mambo Thick Baker's Twine and tied it into a big bow.


Next, I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment in Melon Mambo onto a piece of Whisper white card stock. I adhered this to the card with Snail adhesive. Then I added two strips of Pop of Pink Washi Tape, just for fun!!




No comments:

Post a Comment