Monday, July 11, 2016

A Serene Hello

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I don't normal get too excited about floral stamp sets. I figure I already have a good inventory of flowers and I'm really not too much of a flowery girl. But when I saw the new "Penned and Painted" set, I put it right onto my first order! I like the 2- and 3-step stamping that makes a wonderful, watercolored effect.

ppa308

This week's Pals Paper Arts challenge is a sketch and I knew right away what I'd make. I knew I wanted to do a white-on-white oval using the Layering Ovals Framelits. These framelits layer so nicely (hence the name); there's no gap at all. I LOVE that!!

I started by cutting two ovals from Whisper White Card Stock using the Layering Ovals Framelits. Since the "Penned and Painted" set is photopolymer, I knew I'd be able to see right through the stamps to place them on the oval in just the right spot. I stamped the outline of the flower in Rich Razzleberry and added the petals in Sweet Sugarplum. The center of the flower is stamped in Rich Razzleberry, too. So pretty! I added the stem and the outline of the leaves in Old Olive. To fill in the leaves, I stamped off Old Olive one time. I adhered this to the scalloped oval using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next, I cut a piece of Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper and tied a length of Thick Whisper White Baker's Twine onto it before adhering it to an Old Olive card base, cut lengthwise. I cut a 3" square piece of another sheet of Serene Scenery DSP and added it to the card.

For the sentiment, I stamped "hello" from the "Thoughtful Banners" set in Rich Razzleberry onto a strip of Whisper White Card Stock and flagged the end with my Paper Snips. I adhered this directly to the card and then adhered the oval assembly to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I'm so pleased with how this card turned out and I'm extra pleased that I could create on paper what I saw in my mind's eye!



Product List






1 comment:

  1. Your background and colors are gorgeous! Thank you for joining the Pals this week!

    ReplyDelete