Thursday, January 26, 2017

Clean and Simple Balloon Adventures

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I have a serious problem:  I love everything in Stampin' Up's 2017 Occasions Catalog!  I bought way more than usual because I just couldn't choose which ones to buy--so I bought ALL the stuff I liked.  I'm fortunate that I have a wonderful job that allows me to do that--but I'm also fortunate because I'm a Stampin' Up demonstrator, so I get a discount on my own purchases.  How sweet is that? You can be a Stampin' Up demo, too!  Contact me and I'll give you all the details!

Today's card is made with the "Balloon Adventure" stamp set.  It's one of the make-and-take cards we're going to do at a workshop this weekend.  I didn't want to bring my Big Shot with me, so I designed two M&T cards without having to use the Big Shot.  That's an accomplishment for me.  I usually have a die cut or an embossed element on my cards.
Oh, I hear you:  "Didn't you cut the layered squares with the Big Shot?"  Well, you are right--I did cut them.  Twelve sets of them!  I'm going to give the stampers pre-cut pieces to work with--just so I don't have to lug that Big Shot.  Let's look at the rest of the card.

I stamped the sentiment from the "Balloon Adventure" stamp set in Pacific Point ink onto a pre-cut square of Whisper White.  I adhered this to a pre-cut scalloped square of Calypso Coral.  Both these squares were cut with the Layering Squares Framelits, which I love!!

Next, I stamped two of the balloons from the set onto Whisper White scraps--the polka dotted balloon is Emerald Envy and the striped balloon is Calypso Coral.  I punched these out with the Balloon Bouquet Punch.  (Yes, I'll be bringing that to the workshop!)

To build the card,  I added a 3-3/4' by 1-1/2" strip of Party Animal Designer Series paper to the bottom of a 3-3/4' by 5" Whisper White mat.  I wrapped a length of 1/8" Emerald Envy Taffeta Ribbon around before adhering this piece to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Emerald Envy Card Stock and then onto a Pacific Point Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

I adhered the sentiment and the balloons onto the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Finally I tied a Party Animal Embellishment onto the Emerald Envy Ribbon with a length of Whisper White Baker's Twine.  I think the stampers at the workshop will love this card!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment