Thursday, June 22, 2017

Live, Laugh, Love

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I love the sentiments in Patty Bennett's "Ribbon of Courage" stamp set.  Patty Bennett? Who's that? Well, she's a Stampin' Up Million Dollar Earner and one of the nicest people on the planet!! When you earn $1 Million with Stampin' Up, you get to design your own stamp set. How cool is that?! Patty's design is fabulous--just like Patty!

I started by stamping one of the sentiments from the "Ribbon of Courage" set in Fresh Fig Ink onto a piece of Whisper White Card Stock. I cut this out with one of the Stitched Shapes Framelits, keeping the sentiment off to the right. I also cut a scalloped circle mat with a Layering Circles Framelit.
Next, I stamped the heart from the same set in Fresh Fig Ink and cut it out with one of the Support Ribbon Framelits. I colored elements of the design with three of the 2017-2019 In Color Stampin' Write Markers--Powder Pink, Berry Burst, and Lemon Lime Twist.

I ran a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel through the Big Shot with the Brick Wall Embossing Folder and cussed a little under my breath (I probably said dingity-dang!) when I saw that it was crooked. Then I decided I liked it that way! I adhered it to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Berry Burst mat. I wrapped a length of 5/8" Berry Burst Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon around this element before adhering it to a Fresh Fig Card Stock card base.

I adhered the circle element to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and added the heart element to the circle, also with Stampin' Dimensionals. I stacked two Dimensionals on the left side of the heart so that it would touch the brick wall background.

I love the way this card turned out. It's going to be perfect to send it to someone who needs a bit of encouragement!












Product List

1 comment:

  1. I love this card, I am so glad that I just ordered this set so I can copy your wonderful idea. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete