Friday, October 20, 2017

Time To Celebrate!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #paperpumpkin   On yesterday's blog post, I showed the October 2017 Paper Pumpkin kit, "Pining for Plaid." It's totally awesome and you can still get it--see my blog post for more details. I also said that I'd use some of the leftover supplies from that kit for today's project.

After I made all the Paper Pumpkin shaker cards, I still had some round foam, loads of sequins, and plenty of gold strips left. I decided to put them to use on a birthday card, using one of my favorite birthday sets, "Super Duper." I used the same design as the cards in the kit.

For this card, I started with a Berry Burst Card Stock card base. I cut a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Whisper White Card Stock and a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Soft Sky Card Stock. I ran the Soft Sky piece through the Big Shot with one of the Layering Circles Framelits and again using the Polka Dot Basics Embossing folder.

I used the Soft Sky piece as a guide so I knew where to stamp the "Yay!" from the "Super Duper" set in Berry Burst Ink onto the Whisper White piece. I also added some Soft Sky starbursts around the sentiment.

I cut a 3.5" square of Window Sheet and adhered this to the back of the Soft Sky piece with a few of the leftover glue dots. I ringed the back of the window with the leftover foam circle and filled it with some of the leftover sequins. I placed a Stampin' Dimensional at each of the corners of the Soft Sky piece.

I adhered the Whisper White mat to the Berry Burst card base. I carefully adhered this to the Soft Sky and sequin assembly. I used my grid paper to align it perfectly.

Next, I stamped "time to celebrate" in Berry Burst Ink onto one of the leftover Whisper White flags. Using the leftover glue dots from the kit, I adhered this to one of the leftover gold flags and then onto the card.

On the inside, I stamped another of the images from the "Super Duper" set in Soft Sky Ink onto a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Whisper White. I stamped the same image again in Berry Burst on a Whisper White scrap, cut it out, and paper-pieced it. I adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Soft Sky Card Stock and then to the inside of the card.

I think this card is super duper cute and I was so pleased to use the extras and design from the Paper Pumpkin kit!








 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment