Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Hello Tulips

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #saleabration   Way back in November, I attended Stampin' Up's OnStage event where we got to see and play with some of the fabulous new products in the January to June Mini and the Sale-a-Bration catalogs. All the attendees got the "Timeless Tulips" stamp set to use with a make-and-take. Frankly, it's so frantic at these events that I kind of skip the make-and-takes. I only stamp and punch what I don't have or don't plan to buy. And then I assemble the projects at home.

The card we were supposed to make with the "Timeless Tulips" set didn't float my boat and I kept messing it up! I was so frustrated with it. I just tossed it aside and didn't look at it until after Christmas. And then I found a way to salvage what I'd done and I actually like this card! And the set is growing on me so you'll likely see more cards made with this set here on the ol' blog!

We started by stamping the stems and leaves for the tulips in Old Olive Ink onto a 3-1/2 by 5-1/2" Whisper White Panel. We added the smaller tulips in Rococo Rose. Then we stamped three of the larger tulips in Rococo Rose onto Whisper White scraps and punched them out with the Tulip Builder Punch. We stamped a couple extra leaves on Whisper White scraps and punched them out with the punch. We adhered these pieces to the Whisper White Panel with Stampin' Dimensionals.

We stamped "hello" from the set in Smoky Slate Ink...and when I got home I cut it out with a Stitched Rectangle Die. I wrapped some Linen Thread around the top of the Whisper White panel and tied it into a bow (and it covers the big blob of Old Olive Ink I got on the panel during the make-and-take-stamping-frenzy). I adhered this panel to a Pear Pizzazz Card Stock card base and added the sentiment with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

I can't wait to play with this set some more to see what I come up with once I have time to think and design.













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment