Sunday, January 5, 2020

Creation Station: Resolution Solution

#stampinup   #creationstation   #faithfulinkspirations

Happy New Year!! Can you believe it's 2020?! I saw a meme the other day that said that 2050 is as close as 1990. What?! How can that be?! Time flies when you're having fun.

Speaking of having fun, our Creation Station Design Team has some fun projects in store for you this month. Our theme is “Resolution Solution”--Organization Made SU! Style.

I've been wanting to keep a little book of thoughts, ideas for cards and knitting projects, sayings I find encouraging, and a list of books I've read throughout the year. Stampin' Up's Pressed Petals Journal is the perfect size! It's compact at 5" by 5-1/2" inches and it's the perfect size to keep in the top drawer of my bedside table--or on top of the table 'cause I've decorated it!! Here's the front.
I used products from the Parisian Blossoms Suite on pages 14 through 17 of the January-June mini catalog. Since the pages inside the journal are Rococo Rose, I used this color outside of the journal, too. I cut a 4" by 5" Rococo Rose Card Stock panel and used Tear & Tape to adhere a 12" piece of Rococo Rose Scalloped Linen Ribbon across the center. Then I adhered a 3-7/8" by 5-7/8" piece of Parisian Blossoms Specialty Designer Series Paper on top. I adhered this assembly to the front and back of the journal.

Next, I used the Parisian 3D Embossing Folder to emboss a 3-1/4" by 3-3/4" piece of Vellum Card Stock. I adhered this to the front of the journal with some strategically placed Mini Glue Dots. I stamped the Eiffel Tower from the "Parisian Beauty" stamp set in Versamark Ink onto Vellum Card Stock, sprinkled on Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder, and set it with my Heat Tool. I cut it out with the matching die from the Parisian Dies set. I adhered this to the journal with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

I cut a flourish from Silver Foil Paper with another of the Parisian Dies and adhered this with Fine-Tip Glue. I stamped a sentiment from the "Parisian Beauty" set in Versamark onto Vellum Card Stock and embossed it in silver. I punched it out with the Everyday Label Punch and trimmed it with my Paper Snips. I adhered this on top of the silver flourish with Mini Glue Dots. To finish the front of the journal, I added three Basic Rhinestone Jewels and tied it shut with the ribbon.
I did some fun stuff on the inside, too. I didn't want to do too much because the printed pages inside are gorgeous, so I just added a front- and back-piece. I cut two 4-3/4" by 5-1/2" pieces of Vellum Card Stock and punched holes along the sides with an Arc Hole Punch. I got mine on Amazon.

I laid the Vellum inside the journal and put pencil marks where the holes needed to be punched.

Then I aligned the pencil marks in the punch. I needed to do this three times to get all the holes I needed.

After I punched the holes on both the front and back piece, I embossed them with the Parisian Flourish folder. Here's how they turned out.

That was so much fun, I decided to make a bookmark too!

I hope you enjoyed my project. Next up is the wonderfully talented Julie Beltramo. I'm sure she has something to wow you!

 https://justjulieb30.blogspot.com/2020/01/creation-station-resolution-solution.html













Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

1 comment:

  1. Love how you decorated the notebook! The added pages and bookmark of embossed vellum is such a great idea--makes it even more special. Like the little detail with the flourish, too.

    ReplyDelete