Sunday, June 6, 2021

Creation Station: In Color Floral Frenzy Mash-Up

#stampinup   #creationstation   #faithfulinkspirations  

Hello everyone! I'm glad you've stopped in to see what the Creation Station design team has in store for your June 2021 hop. Our theme is "In Color Floral Frenzy Mash-Up." Say that three times fast! Our mission is to create a project using at least one In Color from the 2020-2022 collection and at least one color from the 2021-2023 collection and Basic White--and that's all. Oh! And throw in a floral, too! As I always say to my boss when she gives me an assignment: On it!

I chose the Hand-Penned Suite for my project. I have to admit, I passed that suite by when I first got my catalog  “I have enough floral sets I don’t need another one,” I thought. But I kept seeing all the beautiful cards everyone was making with that set, it grew and grew and GREW on me until I simply had to have it! Does that ever happen to you?

I love the artistic two-step stamps. Simply stamp the floral arrangement from the Hand-Penned Petals stamp set (I used Evening Evergreen Ink) and then fill in the flowers and leaves with their matching stamps. I used Magenta Madness, Fresh Freesia, Pale Papaya, and Soft Succulent Inks.  The best part is that the filler stamps aren’t meant to fit exactly into the outline stamp so you don’t need to drive yourself crazy trying to make it perfect. Besides, as my friend Lydia Fiedler says: perfection is for serial killers! I added some Wink of Stella to the flowers to give them some sparkle and shine. I cut out the image with the matching outline die from the Penned Flowers Dies.  You can get the Hand-Penned Petals stamp set and Penned Flowers dies in a bundle, saving you 10% off the price if you purchase the separately.

Next, I used the detailed die to cut two floral pieces from Thick Basic White Card Stock. I adhered these to the back of the stamped floral image and set them aside while I built the card base.  

The card base is Evening Evergreen Card Stock cut lengthwise and scored at 5-1/2” and 6-3/4”.  I adhered the top left of the card to the card base, making a book fold. I adhered a 1” by 4” strip of Hand-Penned Designer Series Paper to the top of the book fold. I used the pointy corner of the Tailored Tag Punch to make a notch at the top and bottom so that the Pale Papaya and White Ribbon would lay flat.

I cut a 4” square of dotted Pale Papaya Hand-Penned DSP and adhered it to the right front of the card. I added the floral elements to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals. I stamped a sentiment from the Hand-Penned Petals stamp set in Evening Evergreen Ink onto Basic White and cut it out with one of the  Hippo & Friends Dies. I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I finished the card with a few Genial Gems.

On the inside, I stamped the outline of the other floral image from the Hand-Penned Petals set onto a 4" Basic White Card Stock square using Evening Evergreen Ink.

I hope you enjoyed my creation and I hope I inspired you to make your own floral frenzy mash-up. Remember, you can purchase everything in the Hand-Penned Suite (stamp set, dies DSP, Genial Gems) with one item code. Just click on the thumbnails below and you'll go right to my online store. I'm certain you'll fall in love with this suite just like I did!

Now it's time to be inspired by another one of our wonderful design team members, Vicki Boucher!




Product List

2 comments: