Sunday, May 1, 2022

Creation Station: Scraps, Leftovers, Bits & Bobs

#stampinup   #creationstation   #faithfulinkspirations

Hiya everyone! I took last month off because I was recovering from knee replacement surgery and my creative mojo hadn't quite returned. I'm pleased to say that my new "wheel" is in fabulous shape and I'm so grateful for the smooth recovery. I'm also pleased to say that I've got my creative mojo back just in time for the May Creation Station blog hop!

This month's assignment is to create a card from the scraps, leftovers, and/or bits and bobs on our stamping tables. We have to use what's hanging around--everything except the card base and layer have to come from our pile of UFOs (unfinished objects).

As you can see, I have a good sized pile of bits and bobs on my desk! So I'm prepared for this challenge! From this pile I was able to create four cards.

The first card is a simple black and white "thinking of you card." I had several Basic White rectangles die cut from the (retired) Stitched So Sweetly Dies. I also had a Basic Black rectangle embossed with the (retired) Star-Crossed Embossing Folder. I also had the Basic White die-cut from the Forever Flourishing Dies. I layered these elements together--adding a black and white bow from the retired Playful Pets Trim Combo Pack. I used a 4" by 5-1/4" piece of Heart & Home Designer Series Paper as the background and adhered everything to a Basic Black Card Stock card base. I stamped a sentiment from the "Art Gallery" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto a pre-cut Floral Gallery label. To finish the card, I added three Matte Black Dots.

If you want to re-create this card with current products you could substitute a Deckled Rectangle for the Stitched So Sweetly die and any of the fabulous embossing folders. And you could substitute the Black & White Gingham Ribbon for the retired baker's twine.

Next up, I created this "Sorry" card from other bits and bobs on my desk. 

I had a Shimmery White Card Stock piece cut with a (retired) Stitched So Sweetly die onto which I had stamped an image from the "Blessings of Home" stamp set in (retired) Misty Moonlight Ink. I also had several Flowers of Home die-cut pieces in (retired) Misty Moonlight Card Stock. I used Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue to adhere these pieces to a Misty Moonlight Card Stock card base. I adhered the stamped piece to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I stamped the "sorry" sentiment from the "Art Gallery" stamp set in Misty Moonlight into one of the many Basic White Circle pieces in my UFO pile. I also had a length of silver Simply Elegant Trim in my stash and I placed that behind the sentiment piece. To finish the card, I added three (retired) Silver Metallic Pearls.

To recreate this card with current Stampin' Up product, you could substitute one of the new In Colors--Starry Night--for the Misty Moonlight. And you could use the perennial Rhinestone Basic Jewels or the new Irridescent Pearl Basic Jewels instead of the Metallic Pearls.

Next, I created two cards with products from the "Friends Are Like Seashells" suite of products.


In my stash, I had a 3-3/4" by 5" Basic White Card Stock piece that had been embossed with the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder. I adhered this to a 4" by 5-1/4" Basic Black Card Stock mat. I wrapped another leftover piece of black and white twine from the (retired) Playful Pets Trim Combo Pack and adhered this to a Thick Basic White Card Stock card base. I had a Basic Black tag punched with the (retired) Tailored Tag Punch, so I added that to the card front. I stamped "thank you" from the "Art Gallery" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black onto a pre-cut Floral Gallery label and propped this onto the Tailored Tag piece. To finish this card, I added seven (7!) Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels.

The current product substitutions for this card would be the Basic Black Twine from the Baker's Twine Essentials Pack and the Label Me Fancy Punch for the Tailored Tag Punch.

For my final card, I used several of the stamped and die-cut seashells from the Seaside Sea Shells Dies and "Friends are Like Seashells" stamp set. The colors are (retired) Misty Moonlight, Sahara Sand, and Tuxedo Black. I arranged these pieces onto a 3-3/8" by 5-1/8" Sahara Sand Card Stock mat, adhering them with Stampin' Dimensionals. I stamped a sentiment from the "On the Horizon" stamp set in Misty Moonlight onto a Basic White label piece that was cut with one of the (retired) Hippo and Friends Dies. I adhered this onto a 4" by 5-1/4" Basic Black Card Stock mat and then onto a (retired) Misty Moonlight Card Stock card base. To finish the card, I added three white Classic Matte Dots.

To make this card with current SU product, substitute Starry Sky Ink and Card Stock for the Misty Moonlight and use any label die in the current catalog.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing what I created from the bits and bobs on my stamping desk. You should take a look at your pile and see what YOU can create!

Next up is the amazing Barb Pfeffer who will give you a glimpse into their scraps and leftovers.




Product List

Product List
Product List

Product List

2 comments: