Sunday, June 4, 2023

Creation Station: Beach Life

 

How can it be June already! Wow, time really does fly! I have to admit: summer is not my favorite time of year and (gasp!) I really don't like the beach.

My family and I recently attended my best friend's daughter's wedding on Kitty Hawk Pier in North Carolina's Outer Banks. It was a glorious day--sunny, clear, and not too hot--and a beautiful wedding. Just to prove that I have actually been to the beach, here's a pic of my family....at the beach.

So, you can imagine that I had a slight bit of panic when I saw this month's Creation Station Beach Life theme. I don't own any beach themed stamp sets. But, I remembered that I do have a set that would work quite nicely: "In the Moment." So I present to you series of "snapshots" that I call, "Kathy at the Beach."

I noticed that one of the sheets of the Masterfully Made Designer Series Paper resembled ocean waves, so I used that as a backdrop on two of my cards. After I stamped my images in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Basic White Card Stock and colored them with a variety of Stampin' Blends, I fussy cut the images and then adhered them to a bit of the Masterfully Made DSP.

 

I used two of the square Stylish Shapes Dies--the smaller one inside the larger one--to cut photo frames from Basic White Card Stock to frame each of my beach "snapshots." I used the same layout for each card, changing up the sentiment--all from the "In the Moment" stamp set--and the Stylish Shape Die used to cut out the sentiment.


For this card, I thought another sheet of Masterfully Made DSP looked like beachy wallpaper, so I used a strip of it across the card and behind my fussy cut image.


These cards were super fun to make and except for the dog (I have 4 cats!), this could be me on any beach (or mountain or family visit) vacation!

Next up on our international blog hop is Yvonne Spikmans-Van Bruggen. I can't wait to see what she and the rest of the Creation Station Design Team have in store for us!


Until next month!




Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$11.00

6 comments:

  1. awww look at your beautiful family ... What a lovely photo of you all.

    Oh my ... the detail you have added here is fabulous. I truly love how you've added the crashing waves in the background by the torn paper and added a strip of patterned paper as wallpaper. Fabulous, truly fabulous detail. Love them all x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic snapshots! I love these so much. I’m more of a cabin in the woods rather than a beach person myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic improvise for beach theme, love each one. Lovely family photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing interpretation of the theme! And I love to read at the beach 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your snapshots of Kathy,! The way you have used the stamp set to recreate your time away with your family is brilliant. D x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful family-photos! And your cards are great! Great use of the stampset for thus theme!! 🌺☕️

    ReplyDelete