Saturday, August 3, 2013

Why I Love Going to the Stampin' Up Annual Convention

When I first became a Stampin' Up demonstrator, I told myself it was "only for the discount." But then I attended a Regional event and had so much fun learning new techniques, seeing products used in new ways, meeting new friends--and getting to meet the Stampin' Up team members. I was hooked! I attended two regionals before I worked up the courage to ask my family if it would be OK if I left them for a few days to go to Utah for the annual Stampin' Up Convention.

My first Stampin' Up Convention was in 2011. I went by myself and was overwhelmed by the experience. The Stampin' Up home office closes for the day so all the employees--from the warehouse workers, to demonstrator support, to compliance, to the CEO and CFO--can come to the Salt Palace and line the way in and clap for the demonstrators. I felt like rock star! There's no way to describe that awesome experience--you have to feel it for yourself. This is a company that cares about its employees, its demonstrators, and its customers. I met some new friends at the Convention and I promised myself that I wouldn't miss another Convention, if I could help it!

This past Convention was Stampin' Up's 25th Anniversary Convention. It was OFF THE CHAIN!! There were more Prize Patrols than ever. We got so much loot! Lookie at what they gave us for free!!


Every year, Stampin' Up gives demonstrators a Convention bag--this year's bag is that gorgeous white and silver backpack you see in the center of the picture. In addition to that, we got three stamps sets for our make and takes that we assemble during Convention. But wait! There are SIX sets in the picture, you say. That's right. Stampin' Up had more all-attendee giveaways at their 25th Anniversary Convention than ever before. We got three additional sets, the Real Red Goodie Gear Simply Created Kit from the Holiday Mini, 4 rolls of Washi Tape, and a Paper Pumpkin kit.  We also got an Undefined stamp--a make-it-yourself stamp, which I'll tell you about in an upcoming blog entry.  You may also spy the Thinlit Card Die that I won during Prize Patrol.  They told us to pack an extra carry on to bring home all our loot!

This year Convention was extra special because my BFF (and Stampin' Up downline member) Lynn Birus got to come with me. It was a wonderful time spent together--we haven't had a girls' weekend like that since, oh, I think before we got married (to our individual husbands, duh) and Lynn and I spent a rainy weekend in Ocean City, Maryland.  Having Lynn at Convention made it an extra special experience.

I just got home a couple of weeks ago--and I'm already looking forward to Convention 2014! If you think it sounds like fun, YOU CAN GO, TOO! All you need to do is sign up to be part of my team as a Stampin' Up demonstrator. Click the "Join My Team" button underneath the blog banner--or contact me. I'd love to have you as part of my team, and I'd love YOU to experience a Stampin' Up Convention, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment