Monday, July 21, 2014

My Convention Swaps: Very Vintage

I'm home from the Stampin' Up convention. It was a whirlwind of activity and I fell into my very comfy hotel bed exhausted and happy every night! I can't wait to go next year. 

Today I'm sharing the last of my swap cards. I think this is the third time I've joined the "Very Vintage" card swap. It's hosted by the lovely Barbara Welch from Phoenix, Arizona. I know she's lovely because Barbara and I waited in line for a loooong time to get into the make-and-take area one year. She and I sat at the same table and she took charge of making sure everyone got their projects completed and everyone shared the supplies. She was very sweet.

I also love Barbara's vintage style. I guess I'm kind of a vintage girl myself. I find that style comfortable. I like the soft colors and layers and embellishments that are used for a vintage look. I struggled with my design this year because none of our current designer series papers are vintage-y--which surprises me because Shelli Gardner, Stampin' Up Co-Founder and CEO, is a very vintage type of girl. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some vintage style Christmas DSP!

Enough gabbing. Here's the card I made for the "Very Vintage" card swap.

(Stamp Sets: Stippled Blossoms, Six-Sided Sampler; Inks: Soft Sky, Soft Suede; Card Stock: Soft Suede, Soft Sky,Very Vanilla; Accessories: Scallop Topper Label Punch, Modern Label Punch, Envelope Punch Board (to round tag and card corners), Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Soft Sky and Soft Suede Seam Binding, Linen Thread, Tea Lace Paper Doilies, Basic Pearls)

I used my brayer to color the Tea Lace Paper Doilies Soft Sky and the Stamp-a-ma-Jig to line up the layers on the flowers. I love the Soft Suede and Soft Sky color combo!


I can't wait to share some of my favorite swaps from convention over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment